Genetics & DNA | STEM Discovery Kit | Age 10+
Award-winning STEM Science kit. Investigate genetics, the branch of biology focused on heredity and variation in organisms; and DNA, the acid that holds the blueprints for life.
- Teaches basic to complex concepts. Age 10+
- Understand heredity, the biology of reproduction & much more.
By Thames & Kosmos, USA
The 21 Century focus. For young leaders of the future.
Head into the lab for an in-depth investigation of genetics, the branch of biology focused on heredity and variation in organisms; in addition DNA, the acid that holds the blueprints for life.
- How to isolate the DNA from a tomato in a test tube
- Especially relevant, learn about dominant & recessive genes
- Investigate inheritance and consequently learn how traits are passed from parents to children
- Learn about the biology of reproduction and the components of cells
- Then work out how chromosomes are combined & copied
- Furthermore assemble a model to see the elegant double-stranded helical structure of DNA
- As a result crack the genetic code: discover how the different parts, called nucleotides, fit together
- Another fun experiment is to analyse DNA evidence to identify suspects and solve a crime
- In addition breed your own bacteria colony to experiment with survival of the fittest
- Furthermore, read how mutation affects genes and how scientists clone plants and animals
- Read how scientists use DNA sequencing to reveal the order of nucleotides in DNA
- Learn about influential scientists, including Mendel, Watson & Crick, who made breakthrough contributions.
Experiment Manual: Click here
Especially relevant, the kit includes:
- 48-page full-colour manual
- 20+ components including test tubes, pipette, petri dishes, inheritance chart and much more.
- 20 experiments
Awards: Parents’ Choice Gold Award
Box Dimensions: 330 x 230 x 65 mm
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD — Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.